A1(M) Leeming - Barton

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Debaser

Re: A1(M) LEEMING - BARTON

Post by Debaser »

I think the changes will have been the exact alignment of the LAR north of Scotch Corner (there were tweaks to the curves), how the side roads tied into it, and the LAR tie-in near the Barton GSJ.
wrinkly

Post by wrinkly »

Bedale, Aiskew and Leeming Bar bypass approved.

Inspector's report and decision letter
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

So now NYCC just need to look down the backs of every sofa in the authority for some spare cash then.
ScottB5411

Post by ScottB5411 »

Bump :-)

Any news on this? Main works started yet? Can anyone get a few photos?
How about some more beans Mr. Taggart?
Alex406

Post by Alex406 »

There's not much to photograph at the moment. Onsite surveys took place the latter part of last week.

Minor updates to the scheme on the HA website.
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

I was last that way a couple of weeks ago and there didn't seem to be anything too interesting going on, other than the central reserve gaps that were plugged earlier in the year.
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
Haydn1971

Post by Haydn1971 »

Very industrious behind the scenes with dozens of staff working on drawings, calculations, legal processes, costings etc... We don't just through a few bricks down and hope for the best you know ;-)
Regards, Haydn

:: Visit My roads in Sheffield mini site
:: View my photostream on Flickr
Truvelo

Post by Truvelo »

Drawings - can you tell them to design something made of concrete that allows traffic to pass on four levels :mrgreen:
How would you like your grade separations, Sir?
Big and complex.
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

Haydn1971 wrote:Very industrious behind the scenes with dozens of staff working on drawings, calculations, legal processes, costings etc... We don't just through a few bricks down and hope for the best you know ;-)
Haha, I wasn't for a moment imagining anything else (o;
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

c2R wrote:
Haydn1971 wrote:Very industrious behind the scenes with dozens of staff working on drawings, calculations, legal processes, costings etc... We don't just through a few bricks down and hope for the best you know ;-)
Haha, I wasn't for a moment imagining anything else (o;
Looks like you managed to convince them we actually think about this stuff...ixnay on the icksbray...

BTW, it's feet up with mojitos at our end, as you can imagine... :wink:
Haydn1971

A1(M) LEEMING - BARTON

Post by Haydn1971 »

I've got a feeling that I'm deliberately being kept out of the design so I can work on some of the 100's of Road Safety Audits waiting to be done over the next three years... Meanwhile, having fun this week getting better value out of a round 4 pinch point bid... Trim here, tweak there, nip that, tuck the other... Almost there... The spreadsheets canny get it below £5M captain ! But tomorrow is another day !
Regards, Haydn

Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Haydn1971 wrote:I've got a feeling that I'm deliberately being kept out of the design so I can work on some of the 100's of Road Safety Audits waiting to be done over the next three years...
Have you got the Certificate of Competency...December is looming?
Haydn1971

Post by Haydn1971 »

It's on my to do list !
Regards, Haydn

Debaser

Post by Debaser »

My advice, FWIW (and as a member of SoRSA), is to go on one of the TMS courses, unless you want to write up pretty much your entire career history to date.
Haydn1971

A1(M) LEEMING - BARTON

Post by Haydn1971 »

That's kinda my plan, I've been out of audit for a good decade, completed about 80 odd audits before 2003, I've done the 10 day RoSPA course this year, yep, doing everything correct after 20 years in the job, I've now got to rebuild my audit experience - rather than faff about, we took a decision to restart rather than try to figure out what I did over a decade ago - I've now done my observer audits, I'm on the way today to my first batch of member audits, the plan is to get me back up to speed, obtain SoRSA membership as soon as practical and CoC hopefully later in 2014 - you don't need CoC to audit on trunk, you just need someone on the team.
Regards, Haydn

Mark Hewitt

Post by Mark Hewitt »

Noticed that on J60 (A689) there are now notices warning of works between Catterick and Catterick North so I assume this is starting to get underway?
j033y

Post by j033y »

Mark Hewitt wrote:Noticed that on J60 (A689) there are now notices warning of works between Catterick and Catterick North so I assume this is starting to get underway?
I live in Brompton on Swale, so received a letter saying works will be going on in the Catterick South to Catterick North section for 3 weeks, they are resurfacing the road, and putting new cats eyes down ... seems strange if they are due to tear it up in 6 months (ish!)
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Possibly a test bed. I've been told by one of the manufacturers that some LED road studs have been installed on the A1 near Scotch Corner, although having travelled up and down that section yesterday I couldn't spot them (certainly not at 70 anyway).
nowster
Treasurer

Post by nowster »

There were some LED cat's eyes at the junctions along that stretch on Saturday eve. I was going southbound.
j033y

Post by j033y »

Yes, there are LED cats eyes in South of the Catterick South junction already, on a few of the laybys and smaller junctions

Just seems mad that they are redoing the road, to do again in 6 months!