A1 Gateshead Lobley Hill roundabout

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Mark Hewitt

A1 Gateshead Lobley Hill roundabout

Post by Mark Hewitt »

Apparently work is starting on this roundabout above the A1 and on the Kingsway Roundabout in Team Valley it directly feeds into. I've managed to find a lot of press releases but no details of the works, anyone got any more info?
brummie_rob

Re: A1 Gateshead Lobley Hill roundabout

Post by brummie_rob »

I've been hearing about this as well, but cannot see anything on roadworks.org.
M19

Post by M19 »

M19
Haydn1971

Post by Haydn1971 »

I think Mark is actually asking about the Local Authority Pinch Point Scheme rather than the HA scheme
Regards, Haydn

:: Visit My roads in Sheffield mini site
:: View my photostream on Flickr
wrinkly

Post by wrinkly »

And, according to one of the items in the DfT's portmanteau December press release, the scope of the HA's scheme is to be expanded beyond what it was at the time of last summer's exhibition.
Bomag

Post by Bomag »

Haydn1971 wrote:I think Mark is actually asking about the Local Authority Pinch Point Scheme rather than the HA scheme
Deffo a Gateshead scheme the HA MP scheme now runs from Coalhouse (J67) to Dunstan (J69) but does not touch the junction roundabout.
Mark Hewitt

Post by Mark Hewitt »

Haydn1971 wrote:I think Mark is actually asking about the Local Authority Pinch Point Scheme rather than the HA scheme
Yep, A1 roundabout and B1426 roundabout here: http://goo.gl/maps/MIGJ6
A691(M)

Post by A691(M) »

M19

Post by M19 »

....yes I am aware of this proposals, but I would be very reluctant to describe them as "improvements". It looks like a scheme that was cobbled together on Friday afternoon because someone got whiff that there was some money available from the Pinch Point Fund.

Ah, well it's a bit of money that will keep people employed I guess, but it's money that will be wasted on a half-baked scheme!
M19