Mapping of traffic Signals

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

doc456tor

Mapping of traffic Signals

Post by doc456tor »

Hello All. I was wondering if anyone had any good opinions on software that I could use to map all the different locations of traffic signals/signs on the Isle of Man (as that is where I come from) I was thinking of Google Earth but I am unsure if that has the required tools. Thanks in advance.
"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?"
UTCPaul

Re: Mapping of traffic Signals

Post by UTCPaul »

I expect the chaps in Fraggle Rock Highways :) have a list of lat/long or similar to map them.

They used to be in Peregrine House in Douglas, but I think there's been a rejig and they are part of "Infrastructure" now.

http://www.gov.im/about-the-government/ ... -services/ gives you there contact details.
doc456tor

Post by doc456tor »

Aye, I'll give them a buzz. Thanks.
"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?"
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

OpenStreetMap allows the mapping of locations of traffic signals, although general mapping convention perhaps isn't to the level of detail you're after... (it depends really on what your're looking for!)

Cheers
Chris
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
anddav2010

Post by anddav2010 »

doc456tor wrote:Hello All. I was wondering if anyone had any good opinions on software that I could use to map all the different locations of traffic signals/signs on the Isle of Man (as that is where I come from) I was thinking of Google Earth but I am unsure if that has the required tools. Thanks in advance.
Is there no GIS software available, Greater Manchester use MapInfo.
si404

Post by si404 »

MannGIS <- doesn't map traffic lights though.
"“Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations" Thomas Jefferson