From Roader's Digest: The SABRE Wiki
|Length:||2 miles (3.2 km)|
|Met (1961):||A48, A4119, A470, A469|
|Now part of:||A48|
|Route outline (key)|
The A4056 was the original number given to what is now the A48 Western Avenue in Cardiff. This explains why it is a lower quality road than the more comparatively recent Eastern Avenue, which completes the Cardiff Bypass.
In 1922, the A4056 started on the A48 Cowbridge Road in Ely and headed northeast for less than a mile to Llandaff and the A4054 (now A4119). The crossing of the River Taff and the extension to the A470 dates to the 1930s.