(former A4084) at Bwlch Oerddrws
The original number of the road north of Mallwyd was A4084. It continued on across the mountains to the west to meet the then-A487 at the Cross Foxes Inn, a few miles east of Dolgellau.
In 1935, the A458 was extended west and took over the whole length of the A4084 (although the number was reused south of Mallwyd).
In the 1970s, the A470 was extended north to Llandudno, taking over the whole of the ex-A4084 in the process. It remains this number.
|A4084 (Mallwyd - Dolgellau)|