A475 (Swansea - Carmarthen)
From Roader's Digest: The SABRE Wiki
|Length:||28 miles (45.1 km)|
|Met (1932):||A4067, A4070, A48, A4138, A476, A48|
|Now part of:||A483, A48, B4310|
|Route outline (key)|
The A475 once ran from central Swansea via Fforestfach, Penllergaer, Pontardulais and Cross Hands to end on the A48 at Carmarthen just south of the A40 junction. The road crossed the A48 at Penllergaer and the A476 at Cross Hands.
The original route of the A48 along the coast via Llanelli and Kidwelly was renumbered A484 in 1935 and the road rerouted along the majority of the A475. The southern section of the road between Swansea and Penllergaer became part of the A483. North of M4 J49 the A48 has been upgraded in the intervening years and now bypasses the original route of the A475.