B1061 Dullingham Road, Newmarket
The B1061 is a rural B-road in three different counties in the East of England.
It starts on the road currently numbered A1017 in Sturmer, Essex, to the east of Haverhill. It heads north and soon enters Suffolk before skirting the village of Kedlington and meeting the A143. In 1922 the B1061 started here (although then the other road was the B1060). The extension into Essex came in the 1950s.
The B1061 crosses the A143 at a staggered junction and follows the River Stour upstream, crossing it after a few villages to enter Cambridgeshire. After Burrough Green, the B1061 has to TOTSO where it meets the end of the B1052. It then heads north parallel to the railway line, crossing the Devil's Dyke en route. Eventually the railway line is crossed at a level crossing and the B1061 moves back into Suffolk at the same spot. Now on the edge of Newmarket, the road bears left and ends on the A1304 (formerly A11) High Street.