Each of the two white vans is on the B1272, which turns the corner here from Borough Road (right) into Linthorpe Road
The B1272 is an urban B-road in Middlesbrough.
In 1922 it started on the A176 (now B6541) Newport Road and went southeast along Hartington Road to meet the B1271 at the other end.
It later took over a short section of Borough Road (which was the B1271) and then the formerly unclassified Linthorpe Road, to end on the A1085 by Albert Park.
Road improvements in Teesside have rerouted and declassified many roads but the B1272 has come through unscathed - its only concession to the changes is a northern extension to meet the A66. Indeed, it still ends in the same place by Albert Park even though the A1085 no longer exists in this area and it now ends on an unclassified road.