(former B3259) near Langdon Cross
The B3259 was a long rural B-road along the Devon/Cornwall border.
It started on the A388 in Launceston and headed north along the right bank of the River Tamar (although never within sight of the river). It did, however, cross into - and out of - Devon twice.
Despite its length the road went through few villages; Yeolmbridge and Whitstone were two of the larger ones. The only classified road it met en route was the B3216 at Red Post, near Bude.
At its northern end the B3259 bore westward and ended on the A39 in Kilkhampton.
The road was renumbered as a northern extension of the B3254 in 1935, creating a road running almost from coast to coast. It remains this number.