From Roader's Digest: The SABRE Wiki
|From:||near Henley (SO533762)|
|Length:||17.2 miles (27.7 km)|
|Meets:||A4117, A458, B4373|
|Former Number(s):||A458, B4374|
|Old route now:||A4117|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4364 is a long rural B-road in southern Shropshire.
Originally it started on the A49 in the centre of Ludlow and headed east to Henley, where the B4200 turned off. However, the B4200 was upgraded to become the A4117 in the late 1920s and the westernmost section of the B4364 was upgraded as well (although the road was truncated when the A49 bypass was built). The current western end of the B4364, therefore, is on the A4117 near Henley.
The road heads northeastwards, climbing gradually. It passes between Brown Clee and Titterstone Clee, two of the highest points for miles around and so even though it reaches a height of well over 1000 feet after going through Cleedownton, it still seems to be in a valley. The road then descends just as gradually to Burwarton and Cleobury North.
The road continues east across undulating countryside, eventually crossing the A458 Bridgnorth bypass at a roundabout. The road carries on into town and reaches a T-junction. This is the original end of the road, on the pre-bypass A458 but now it TOTSOs right and carries on along Salop Street and Whitburn Street, a useless multiplex on the B4373, to end on that road on the High Street.