The B486 is a short route in Tring, Hertfordshire.
The northern end of the B486, seen from the B488
The B486 begins at a mini roundabout on the B4635, next to the Robin Hood Inn, in Tring town centre. The road heads north along Brook Street, getting more built up as it travels north, before passing some parkland on the left. At the end of the park, it becomes Wingrave Road which is more built up on the righthand side than the left, with semi-detached houses close together. The B486 ends at a roundabout with the B488 Icknield Way/Bulbourne Road and the unclassified Tringford Road at the edge of the town.
The B486 was originally used for the Boxmoor to Leighton Buzzard road, the bottom part of which became the A4146 in 1934/5, with the rest following, years later, in 1971. The current B486 route was part of the B488, which was diverted along Icknield Way some time between 1978 and 1984, creating the current version of the B486. The A4251 was very likely created at the same time.