A17 / A15 / A153 Junction Improvements.

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Bryn666

Re: A17 / A15 / A153 Junction Improvements.

Post by Bryn666 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 18:46

I see they've removed the 1960s mentality straight-corner-straight and opted for an actual oval shape too.
Bryn
Traffic/Road Safety Dogsbody and General Grumpy Now-a-Thirtysomething Man
She said life was like a motorway; dull, grey, and long.

Blog - https://showmeasign.online/

2 Sheds

Post by 2 Sheds » Sat Oct 23, 2021 19:58

One more to add to the very long list of junctions with signals, where there really should be bridges.

skiddaw05

Post by skiddaw05 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 22:52

I'll wait to see if it does anything to reduce the queueing on the eastbound A17 approach

BeenEverywhere

Post by BeenEverywhere » Sun Oct 24, 2021 15:57

I often think a no right turn out of McDonalds would help free things up, it's not unusual to have a queue going into there caused by people who can't get parked due to traffic waiting to come out of there.

Also, I need to throw in a Ken Bruce quote: "Holdingham - is that the one before Puttenham Down?"
Been everywhere... can't remember any of it

Was fun though :laugh:

ForestChav
SABRE Developer

Post by ForestChav » Sun Oct 24, 2021 16:38

BeenEverywhere wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 15:57
I often think a no right turn out of McDonalds would help free things up, it's not unusual to have a queue going into there caused by people who can't get parked due to traffic waiting to come out of there.

Also, I need to throw in a Ken Bruce quote: "Holdingham - is that the one before Puttenham Down?"
If it's anywhere like round here it's more likely the queue to get into McDonalds on the drive-thru will hold people up.

Thing is at ours the queue can run through a zebra crossing (well, this retail park paints them yellow, so more like a wasp crossing) and then past a mini roundabout which some people think they can just overtake, which makes it quite dangerous really.

They're either busier post-covid or slower serving, not decided which.
C, E flat and G go into a bar. The barman says "sorry, we don't serve minors". So E flat walks off, leaving C and G to share an open fifth between them.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

danfw194

Post by danfw194 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:56

ForestChav wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 16:38
BeenEverywhere wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 15:57

If it's anywhere like round here it's more likely the queue to get into McDonalds on the drive-thru will hold people up.

Thing is at ours the queue can run through a zebra crossing (well, this retail park paints them yellow, so more like a wasp crossing) and then past a mini roundabout which some people think they can just overtake, which makes it quite dangerous really.

They're either busier post-covid or slower serving, not decided which.
I'd say busier rather than slower. McDelivery has exploded in the last couple of years. Last handful of times I've been into McD's there's been at least 2/3 delivery riders waiting on pickups.

jervi

Post by jervi » Tue Dec 07, 2021 14:12

Signals were switched on today at 10am. However it looks like they were having issues with the A15 N arm, so signals not on for that arm yet. Some works are still going on with signage & landscaping, so some lane closures.
I went out to drive around it today, below is a video doing a right turn from all approaches both before (Jan 2021) & after the works (Today).

I'll give it a few months before I decided whether the signalisation helps or not.