Road Videos

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Alderpoint

Re: Road Videos

Post by Alderpoint »

mcpish wrote: I do have some videos of the Coquihalla highway I recorded just last year actually
Coquihalla Highway (part 1)
<snip>
Nice, but a bit summery really. The roads around there get much more interesting in mid Winter.

A few years ago I went over the Bernina Pass in Switzerland in late January. Apparently this is the highest pass in Switzerland which is kept open all winter (there is no tunnel alternative). I recall overtaking a snowplough on the way up which was cutting down the over-hanging cornice, and at the top it was a total white-out, only navigable by looking for the next snowpole and making the correct decision about which side to pass it on. Last Feb came over it again, again snow-covered but this time in glorious sunshine and it's a fantastic road.
Let it snow.
Beardy5632

Post by Beardy5632 »

A quick one from yesterday, the new hamburger lane on the Elmbridge Court Roundabout.

British & Irish cities driven in - 48/75
England - 36/52, Scotland - 7/7, Wales - 5/6, NI - 0/5, RoI - 0/5
Owain
Elected Committee Member

Post by Owain »

Beardy5632 wrote:A quick one from yesterday, the new hamburger lane on the Elmbridge Court Roundabout.
Do you think that it's much of an improvement? I don't remember the old roundabout as being particularly troublesome!
Former President & F99 Driver

Viva la Repubblica!
Beardy5632

Post by Beardy5632 »

Too early to tell at the minute I think. It definitely seemed quieter than I thought it would be at that time on a Friday though.
MarcoUK
Account deactivated at user request

Post by MarcoUK »

Scotland (x3.2) 9 of 13

Burns

Post by Burns »

A spirited drive along the A924. The first part of the road is the best. It seems to drag after Kirkmichael.
exiled
Committee Member

Post by exiled »

Thanks to these videos YouTube is now recommending the live channel view of the Confederation Bridge between PEI and New Brunswick in Canada.

It can be fascinating watching nothing and then a Chevrolet crosses
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
MarcoUK

Post by MarcoUK »

Scotland - England (x3.4) 10 of 13

Duncan macknight
Committee Member

Post by Duncan macknight »

First dashcam video so dodgy quality and something up with the speed! Anyway heres a wee drive on the A9 from Milton of Leys to Kingussie. Also includes the new section at Kincraig! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctvJpErOHjE
exiled
Committee Member

Post by exiled »

put up a video about the Runcorn Bridge.

Either it is a charlatan pretending to be our Jeni or the sound card on my YouTube needs updating. :P
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
Beardy5632

Post by Beardy5632 »

Kingussie to Aviemore along the old A9. The reason I did a loop is because I managed to miss the car park the first time. :lol: :lol:

Burns

Post by Burns »

I've just spent another few days over in Norway so I've got a lot of dash cam footage to sort through. The first video shows my drive from Oslo Gardermoen to Borlaug. I was travelling to Flåm but night fell before I got there so I didn't see any point in recording the entire journey (but you get three quarters of it, including a mildly snowy mountain pass). Compared to my last outings, I've spent a bit more time on the editing aspect and hopefully created something a bit more visually pleasing. Let me know what you think.

Beardy5632

Post by Beardy5632 »

Burns wrote:I've just spent another few days over in Norway so I've got a lot of dash cam footage to sort through. The first video shows my drive from Oslo Gardermoen to Borlaug. I was travelling to Flåm but night fell before I got there so I didn't see any point in recording the entire journey (but you get three quarters of it, including a mildly snowy mountain pass). Compared to my last outings, I've spent a bit more time on the editing aspect and hopefully created something a bit more visually pleasing. Let me know what you think.

Awesome video. Norway looks such a lovely country. :)
Beardy5632

Post by Beardy5632 »

A quick trip to Newport on Sunday! :)
MarcoUK

Post by MarcoUK »

England M6(x 3.2) 11 of 13

Burns

Post by Burns »

Here's another, and perhaps the best video I have from my recent trip to Norway. It starts and ends in Flåm but you'll get to see engineering marvels like the Hardanger Bridge and its approach tunnels, complete with underground roundabouts; spiral tunnels used to ease the gradient on the steep climbs into the mountains and in terms of scenery, you get some wonderful Autumnal scenes mixed with the long, snow covered plateau of the Hardangervidda, where some of the Hoth scenes in The Empire Strikes Back were filmed.

If you choose to only watch one of my dashcam videos, make sure it's this one.
mark3evo

Post by mark3evo »

somewhere in Hessen Germany

this is equiv to a B road , love German roads and appropriate speed limits short ones near junctions

camera hanging off LHS

https://youtu.be/tTDtGj0LAlc

not sure how to embed !
mcpish

Post by mcpish »

My Drive down the A6 through the Peak District on my way from Manchester to Nottingham.

Beardy5632

Post by Beardy5632 »

The A890 to Kyleakin over on the Isle of Skye. It seemed rude not to have a quick look round there as I was only 20 odd miles away from it when I was on the NC500. :)

haymansafc

Post by haymansafc »

Yesterday I went been across the new Mersey Gateway Bridge in both directions for the first time - so here's my footage of it.

Apologies for having to split this into four separate videos. YouTube's Video Editor no longer exists and that's what I used to use to splice the clips together into one longer seamless video. So, if anyone can recommend a decent, simple to use software in which I can do this, I would be grateful if you could advise suggestions.

Northbound Part One – where we start by leaving the M56 at junction 12.

Northbound Part Two

Southbound Part One

Southbound Part Two

The journey is never over until the arrival.