M8 J29A started?

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Duncan macknight
Committee Member

Re: M8 J29A started?

Post by Duncan macknight »

Steven wrote:The two threads have now been merged.
Thanks Steven, I'll do a google search next time before I make double topics! Anyway Both hard shoulders have been closed through the works, had a look for the roundabouts but nothing really visible yet. I'll try and get back to get a better look.
Duncan macknight
Committee Member

Post by Duncan macknight »

Drove past today after the 20min delay with the resurfacing works. The general shape of the sliproads have been carved out and I think the roundabouts also. No tarmac on sliproads or any signs on the motorway either. Any one got an opening date?
HandShandy

Post by HandShandy »

Hi Duncan. It opens in early 2020.

The work is on an 18 month hiatus at the moment to let the ground settle. I live in Bishopton and got the news letter about it.

Contractually they don't have to open the road until a certain number of houses are built in Dargavel so they aren't really in a hurry. You will see them back to work next year.
Explore the history of the trunk roads and motorways of Glasgow and the West of Scotland at Glasgows-Motorways.co.uk
Follow us on twitter: @GlasgowsMways
Check out our Facebook page: Glasgow Motorway Archive
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Post by c2R »

Some legal orders to impose a 40mph speed limit on parts of the slip road: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2019/ ... tents/made
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
HandShandy

Post by HandShandy »

1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the M8 Motorway (Junction 29A Off Slip Road) (40mph Speed Limit) Regulations 2019 and come into force on 29 November 2019.
Work on this junction has advanced considerably over the summer and the last few months. Only really the top course of the footways, lining and landscaping works to be done now. Hoping to get a look at it properly prior to it opening.

Interesting to see the date 29th of November 2019 in there, given how well it's come along, I'm hoping for an opening around that time.

I hear that the junction name is "Bishopton" and not "Southbar".
Explore the history of the trunk roads and motorways of Glasgow and the West of Scotland at Glasgows-Motorways.co.uk
HandShandy

Post by HandShandy »

Update. Yellow sign has appeared on the M8 E/B carriageway saying that "J29A will open early December 2019"
Bryn666
Elected Committee Member

Post by Bryn666 »

I hope the ADS is properly designed :wink:
Bryn
Terminally cynical, unimpressed, and nearly Middle Age already.
She said life was like a motorway; dull, grey, and long.

Blog - https://showmeasign.online/
X - https://twitter.com/ShowMeASignBryn
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@BrynBuck
Gav

Post by Gav »

It opened today, now able to leave and join the M8 from this junction.