Green land-bridges

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Sunil_of_Yoxley

Re: Green land-bridges

Post by Sunil_of_Yoxley »

Jim606 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48
2002 A12 Wansted (175m) and George Green (300m) cut and cover tunnels
A12 Wanstead is George Green (300 m). Did you mean Green Man (Leytonstone) tunnel for the 175 m?
These tunnels were completed by 1999 (in fact, I'm certain the Wanstead (George Green) tunnel opened in 1998).
My London railway station photos on Wikimedia Commons
orudge
Site Manager

Re: Green land-bridges

Post by orudge »

Jim606 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 15:54 I've updated the list, although it would be fair to say it isn't complete
It worth adding this list to the wiki, I'd say. A number of the bridges you've listed are already on the wiki, but there are some on the wiki that you don't have (e.g., the 3 bridges on the AWPR).

From the SABRE Wiki: Green bridge :

A green bridge, also known as a landscape bridge or wildlife overbridge, is a form of landscaping that allows a forest, park or green belt area to pass over a road uninterrupted, allowing wildlife and people to safely pass over a road without necessarily knowing that they are passing over a road.

While a Tunnel can produce a similar outcome, Green

... Read More