A12 Renumbering - Great Yarmouth to Lowestoft

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Micro The Maniac

Re: A12 Renumbering - Great Yarmouth to Lowestoft

Post by Micro The Maniac »

Viator wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 23:17 Slightly tangentially: can anyone confirm my belief that the whole of the Nuneaton Ring Road (the western part of which was once, it seems, regarded as being part of the A47) is now numbered A444?
I believe so... I did a couple of laps of the ring-road recently (both clockwise and anti-clockwise) and it all is signed as A444

There is some ambiguity, southbound just before the ring road, where the one-way bit along Old Hinkley Road and Leicester Road appears to be still the A47
Viator

Re: A12 Renumbering - Great Yarmouth to Lowestoft

Post by Viator »

Micro The Maniac wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 06:23
Viator wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 23:17 Slightly tangentially: can anyone confirm my belief that the whole of the Nuneaton Ring Road (the western part of which was once, it seems, regarded as being part of the A47) is now numbered A444?
I believe so... I did a couple of laps of the ring-road recently (both clockwise and anti-clockwise) and it all is signed as A444

There is some ambiguity, southbound just before the ring road, where the one-way bit along Old Hinkley Road and Leicester Road appears to be still the A47
Thanks, Micro (and Owain). Long time since I did any substantial part of the Nuneaton ring (in either direction) -- but yes, I too noticed, last time I looked, that on the Old Hinckley Road / Leicester Road / Weddington Road gyratory the first two of those three roads are signed A47. Makes navigational sense, I suppose, for eastbound traffic wanting to find its way out of Nuneaton.