A45/A6 Chowns Mill

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Berk

Re: A45/A6 Chowns Mill

Post by Berk »

Arcuarius wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:25
A320Driver wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 22:42
Arcuarius wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 13:17I have good faith in the folks across the office from where I'm currently sat, who have been working on this for the last couple of years. It doesn't suddenly make grade separation easy just because the topography's flat.
2 years to come up with this joke of a junction? What stuff do they smoke in your office?
Maybe try it for a living. There's a lot wrong with this junction that they're trying to fix. Literally everyone has their metaphorical finger in the pie here.
This is the sort of scheme the county council could draw up - with the same budget.

We expect better from HE. If they can’t advance a better level of funding or make a serious proposal, it’s better not to bother this time.

Come back with something more reasonable. Yes, the scheme may assist NMU’s, but the point still stands.
mikehindsonevans

Post by mikehindsonevans »

Spookily, I came through this junction on Sunday evening. My normal route to Cambridge was interrupted beyond Kettering by a HE-inspired closure of the A14 between j10-j13, with no marked or signed diversion route.

Thank heavens for satnav and a good sense of direction. The full moon helped, until the heavy rain blew in! :lol:
Mike Hindson-Evans.
Never argue with a conspiracy theorist.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
A320Driver

Post by A320Driver »

Passed through here earlier today.
The roundabout is massive, almost as big as Hyde Park Corner, and I’ve seen countless smaller roundabouts with a flyover on them, unbelievable that one wasn’t provisioned here. The queue on the western A45 approach stretched for half a mile this evening, and I’ll put good money this remains the case once this joke of a scheme is open.
Formerly ‘guvvaA303’
SteveA30

Post by SteveA30 »

I just looked to see how big it was and...eh? :o

So, it's larger but not necessarily round!. Something to do with extra mileage being recorded around it but not the new rbt itself, perhaps.
Attachments
A45 Chowns Mill rbt.jpg
Roads and holidays in the west, before motorways.
http://trektothewest.shutterfly.com
http://holidayroads.webs.com/