Road atlas 2019 (Aldi Edition)

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Duncan macknight
Committee Member

Road atlas 2019 (Aldi Edition)

Post by Duncan macknight »

Recently released is the 2019 AA road map. Biggest change is it shows all Aldi stores in the U.K. Other changes include the addition of Snow Gate locations at high passes and "Severn bridge toll due to end 2018" notice also. M8 J29a is outlined, A9 Kincraig dualling is now at its proper length.
Owain
Elected Committee Member

Re: Road atlas 2019 (Aldi Edition)

Post by Owain »

I wonder if all the roads with a Lidl have mysteriously been edited out!
Former President & F99 Driver

Viva la Repubblica!
Robert Kilcoyne

Post by Robert Kilcoyne »

Duncan macknight wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 21:32 Recently released is the 2019 AA road map. Biggest change is it shows all Aldi stores in the U.K. Other changes include the addition of Snow Gate locations at high passes and "Severn bridge toll due to end 2018" notice also. M8 J29a is outlined, A9 Kincraig dualling is now at its proper length.
I think that this is a special edition produced by the AA for Aldi. I have seen the AA large format 4 miles to an inch atlas on sale in Aldi for several years, including a full list of stores as well as showing them on the map. The Works is now selling the AA 2019 4 miles to an inch atlas both as the large format paperback and the spiral-bound A4 version.
baroudeur

Post by baroudeur »

Duncan macknight wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 21:32 Recently released is the 2019 AA road map. Biggest change is it shows all Aldi stores in the U.K. Other changes include the addition of Snow Gate locations at high passes and "Severn bridge toll due to end 2018" notice also. M8 J29a is outlined, A9 Kincraig dualling is now at its proper length.
I have the 2013 edition with Aldi stores shown. At the rate they (and Lidl) are building new stores and relocating stores locally they need a quarterly edition!
Big Nick

Post by Big Nick »

I've just got the 2019 AA Concise Road Atlas (ring bound, 4 inch to the mile) from Go Outdoors for £4.99 with their members discount. Only available in store, not yet on their website.
It's a special printing with a full back page advert for Go Outdoors, the logo inside, and the cover mentions "Top 300 AA inspected Camping and Caravan sites". They don't show where any of the Go Outdoors shops are though.
Apart from that I don't see any difference in the versions.