A316 Apex Corner

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

A303Chris

A316 Apex Corner

Post by A303Chris »

Coming out of London last night on the A4 as I approached Hogarth the VMS was saying "A316 Apex Corner, HGV Ban, 30 mph limit". A bit off digging this morning and I found a twitter message from TFL from Thursday night at 11.39pm stating:

"A316 Apex Corner Flyover (Hanworth) - The flyover remains closed to HGV's in both directions (with local diversion in place) and all other vehicles are reduced to 30mph (due to concerns with defective expansion joints)

Apart form that nothing else from TFL. Anyone driven it since last week. Is the diversion down the slip round the roundabout and up the other side and is the 30mph just over the bridge or is it from the Hospital Bridge Roundabout to the Surrey boundary at Kempton. I say that because a defective barrier between Target and Greenford on the A40 Western Avenue has resulted in the 50mph being reduced to 40mph all the way from the Hoover Building to Northolt (another thread) and given TFL's hatred of the car driver cant see it ever increasing
The M25 - The road to nowhere
mikehindsonevans

Re: A316 Apex Corner

Post by mikehindsonevans »

A303Chris wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 14:17 Coming out of London last night on the A4 as I approached Hogarth the VMS was saying "A316 Apex Corner, HGV Ban, 30 mph limit". A bit off digging this morning and I found a twitter message from TFL from Thursday night at 11.39pm stating:

"A316 Apex Corner Flyover (Hanworth) - The flyover remains closed to HGV's in both directions (with local diversion in place) and all other vehicles are reduced to 30mph (due to concerns with defective expansion joints)

Apart form that nothing else from TFL. Anyone driven it since last week. Is the diversion down the slip round the roundabout and up the other side and is the 30mph just over the bridge or is it from the Hospital Bridge Roundabout to the Surrey boundary at Kempton. I say that because a defective barrier between Target and Greenford on the A40 Western Avenue has resulted in the 50mph being reduced to 40mph all the way from the Hoover Building to Northolt (another thread) and given TFL's hatred of the car driver cant see it ever increasing
A303Chris wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 14:17 Coming out of London last night on the A4 as I approached Hogarth the VMS was saying "A316 Apex Corner, HGV Ban, 30 mph limit". A bit off digging this morning and I found a twitter message from TFL from Thursday night at 11.39pm stating:

Thanks for this info Chris - will be up at Twickers in a few weeks for the Australia match (Mrs H-E chooses the winners based on their thighs) and the ladies' match afterwards (yes, I get to pick the winning team!)
Mike Hindson-Evans.
Never argue with a conspiracy theorist.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.