New A-road in York

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Stevie D

New A-road in York

Post by Stevie D »

On the latest OS maps, a new A-road has appeared in York!
Water End (running between Clifton and Holgate) is now the A1176, having previously been unclassified. I'll try to look at the weekend to see if the signs have been changed to include it.
Mattemotorway

Re: New A-road in York

Post by Mattemotorway »

It's been like that for a couple of years now- I updated the page on the Wiki about a year ago- A1176
My old posts are just downright embarrassing.

Expects to climb the job ladder quickly and is often glued to my phone... Apparently..

From the SABRE Wiki: A1176 :

The 2005 DfT road number list states that the A1176 links the A59 Boroughbridge Road with the A19 Clifton Road in York. It would appear that this number was once allocated to the 'Water End' link across the railway line and River Ouse and dates back to the construction of the Clifton Bridge over the Ouse replacing a ferry. Some mid

... Read More