Diversion of A264 and creation of new C622

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Reading

Diversion of A264 and creation of new C622

Post by Reading »

Wasn't sure where to put this, I actually remember them building this road and shutting up the old A281 link to by The Shelley, now the "bypass" has been bypassed and will become a local feeder road.

As an aside what is now the council depot by Halfords and going into the Tesco car park was a ROC Bomb Disposal base when I was a child so hopefully nothing untoward will be found

https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/roads-and ... ZRkz8lo6AA
Euan

Re: Diversion of A264 and creation of new C622

Post by Euan »

OS mapping now shows the original bypass as being downgraded and the A264 following the second bypass. I believe the previous highest used class III number in West Sussex was C621, so the C622 number isn't too big a surprise.
E-roads, M-roads, A-roads, N-roads, B-roads, R-roads, C-roads, L-roads, U-roads, footpaths