A75 bypasses

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

DaStreetsweep

A75 bypasses

Post by DaStreetsweep »

So I'm interested in the towns and villages that have had a bypass on the A75.

I believe that Crocketford and Springholm are the only remaining places yet to be bypassed.

I think there may have been around 16 towns previously to get a bypass.

With some random searches I think that the following places got a bypass - Gretna (73), Twynholm (73), Newton Stewart (78), Creetown (85), Gatehouse of Fleet (85), Annan (89), Ringford (89), Castle Douglas (89), Glenluce (90), and Dunragit (14).

Firstly, are those the correct years for those towns, and also when did Dumfries, Carrutherstown, Collin, Dornock, Eastriggs, and Rigg get their bypass?

Any help very much appreciated.
Dual the A9, dual and bypass the A77, and bypass Crocketford and Springholm on the A75.
IanRB

Re: A75 bypasses

Post by IanRB »

Rigg, Eastrigg & Dornock were bypassed by the same scheme which bypassed Annan, although not sure if it was opened all at once or in stages.
djw1981

Post by djw1981 »

I believe that Dumfries bypass was 1990
Glenn A

Post by Glenn A »

IanRB wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 07:36 Rigg, Eastrigg & Dornock were bypassed by the same scheme which bypassed Annan, although not sure if it was opened all at once or in stages.
It was the same scheme, sure it was completed in 1992.
DaStreetsweep

Post by DaStreetsweep »

Does anyone know when Collin, Carrutherstown, or Annan bypass were built?
Dual the A9, dual and bypass the A77, and bypass Crocketford and Springholm on the A75.