Road projects brought forward

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

delinquentwoody

Re: Road projects brought forward

Post by delinquentwoody »

Just read in our local rag the A15 section to be "refurbished" with £5m from this moneypot is the section from the Humber Bridge to the M180.. I would have said south of the M180 to Lincoln would have been better spent. In fact this section they are spending the money on seems to be in pristine condition imo!
M5Lenzar
Banned

Post by M5Lenzar »

roadtester wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:53 Business interests in East Anglia are calling for improvements to the A14 in Suffolk - a reminder that the route, while drastically improved over the years, could still do with a bit more work.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/a14-improve ... -1-6723542
Copdock needs to be completely re-done. There is simply too much traffic for the current junction to handle - it's my nearest access to the A14, but I tend to drive to J53 instead.
camflyer

Post by camflyer »

roadtester wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:53 Business interests in East Anglia are calling for improvements to the A14 in Suffolk - a reminder that the route, while drastically improved over the years, could still do with a bit more work.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/a14-improve ... -1-6723542
There's a shiny brochure to go along with the campaign

https://www.suffolkchamber.co.uk/media/ ... v7-002.pdf
alans

Post by alans »

delinquentwoody wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 13:00 Just read in our local rag the A15 section to be "refurbished" with £5m from this moneypot is the section from the Humber Bridge to the M180.. I would have said south of the M180 to Lincoln would have been better spent. In fact this section they are spending the money on seems to be in pristine condition imo!
I have used the A15 Humber Bridge to M180 section several times recently,never seen anything that needs doing,maybe the odd place needs resurfacing but nothing outstanding.If anything they ought to get the remaining concrete stretches A180 fully surfaced with blacktop and get it up to a good standard,it was promised several years ago,it's absolutely ear shattering to drive on it as it is
Vierwielen

Post by Vierwielen »

NICK 647063 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 18:52 How can this be described as major investment when most of it seems to be road maintenance? Surely that should be done regardless without having to take money out of this fund, needs to be fair more investment.
Very easy - Boris said so! (of course, he might not have read his brief properly, or maybe not read his brief at all).