Midsomer Murders - Road Location?

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

IAN

Midsomer Murders - Road Location?

Post by IAN »

Midsomer Murders – Series 11, Episode 4 ‘Left for Dead’. A major road construction scheme is featured, referred to as a controversial bypass in the film and featuring a property that protesters are trying to save.

The series settings are usually in the Oxfordshire area but have been further afield on occasions. I’ve been trying to work out the location. It was filmed in 2008 and the woodland setting leads me to consider Hindhead?

If anyone has time to look at this episode, Midsomer Murders can be found on Britbox. the road scheme is featured on several occasions, particularly near the start and at the very end when the house is bulldozed.

Ian (M5 Driver)
AKA M5 Driver
KeithW

Re: Midsomer Murders - Road Location?

Post by KeithW »

The best I can do is point you to the list of locations on this web page
http://midsomermurders.org/locationsindex.htm

COLESHILL, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
FRIETH, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
STRATFIELD TURGIS & STRATFIELD SAYE, HAMPSHIRE
THURSLEY, SURREY
IAN

Post by IAN »

Interesting, thank you. Although the Thursley location listed is of a local church, this is very close to Hindhead, which supports my theory as it would make sense to film scenes over a small area to reduce costs.

Ian (M5 Driver)
AKA M5 Driver
A303Chris

Post by A303Chris »

It was Hindhead and I remember it being discussed at the time.

If watch it now and you have driven southbound approaching the Tunnels, you will recognise the landscape
The M25 - The road to nowhere