Warrington Centre Park Link Road

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Nathan_A_RF

Re: Warrington Centre Park Link Road

Post by Nathan_A_RF »

I've updated the road on OSM with this number and marked it as a non-primary road for now, but with tags to check road status. As you say, the green signs may be botched like the A5061, which is marked as non-primary on OS Maps.
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Nathan_A_RF wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 00:45 I've updated the road on OSM with this number and marked it as a non-primary road for now, but with tags to check road status. As you say, the green signs may be botched like the A5061, which is marked as non-primary on OS Maps.
Excellent.

I've noticed before that the A5061 bit between the A49 and A57 section isn't shown as primary on some maps but all road signage throughout are green.
Kkervinjones

Post by Kkervinjones »

Rambo wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:28
Nathan_A_RF wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 00:45 I've updated the road on OSM with this number and marked it as a non-primary road for now, but with tags to check road status. As you say, the green signs may be botched like the A5061, which is marked as non-primary on OS Maps.
Excellent.

I've noticed before that the A5061 bit between the A49 and A57 section isn't shown as primary on some maps but all road signage throughout are green.
There is one sign that show the A5061 as non-primary on Sankey Way: https://goo.gl/maps/qxsNaaURV6PbdaLfA but this is the only one as far as I can see. Ordnance Survey does also show the A5061 are non-primary. I've updated it to Primary on the Waze map.
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Kkervinjones wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 21:18
Rambo wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:28
Excellent.

There is one sign that show the A5061 as non-primary on Sankey Way: https://goo.gl/maps/qxsNaaURV6PbdaLfA but this is the only one as far as I can see. Ordnance Survey does also show the A5061 are non-primary. I've updated it to Primary on the Waze map.
Ah well spotted. Another one of those Primary / Non Primary anomalies !
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

There has been quite a few comments from locals about the traffic light set up at the A5061 - Slutchers Lane junction. Exiting the new road at Slutchers lane, traffic is only permitted to turn left. Although there is nothing physically stopping you turning right. While the traffic exits Slutchers lane the lights heading east are both on red for right turn onto Slutchers lane and straight on for A5061 even though there is no conflict. Is this just plain wrong or is there a reason for this?
Britain

Post by Britain »

I see the exits of Slutchers Lane are still missing the END plates below the clearway signs. There are plenty of examples of that around Runcorn too. Is there a map or list of clearways available somewhere?
I'm nobody special, just somebody who enjoys looking at and talking about infrastructure. Eager to learn as much as I can about the roads of the UK 🇬🇧 - please help me with this.
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Britain wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 22:12 I see the exits of Slutchers Lane are still missing the END plates below the clearway signs. There are plenty of examples of that around Runcorn too. Is there a map or list of clearways available somewhere?
I hadn't noticed that. But it doesn't surprise me. The side road just over the railway bridge isn't signed with a give way or stop sign either and i would say it desperately needs one from past experiences and the fact that emerging from there has limited visibility.
They have also changed the signal phases at that end after several complaints.
Britain

Post by Britain »

Rambo wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:55 I hadn't noticed that. But it doesn't surprise me. The side road just over the railway bridge isn't signed with a give way or stop sign either and i would say it desperately needs one from past experiences and the fact that emerging from there has limited visibility.
They've changed the signal phases by the police station? Do you know what they were and what they are now? I assume the side road you're referring to is the one leading to the go karting, I noticed there are no markings there either.
I'm nobody special, just somebody who enjoys looking at and talking about infrastructure. Eager to learn as much as I can about the roads of the UK 🇬🇧 - please help me with this.
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Britain wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:22
Rambo wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:55 I hadn't noticed that. But it doesn't surprise me. The side road just over the railway bridge isn't signed with a give way or stop sign either and i would say it desperately needs one from past experiences and the fact that emerging from there has limited visibility.
They've changed the signal phases by the police station? Do you know what they were and what they are now? I assume the side road you're referring to is the one leading to the go karting, I noticed there are no markings there either.
Yes correct.
Basically when they were first set up, traffic going eastwards along Wilson Patten Street were held at a red while was traffic exiting out of Slutchers lane (left turn only) therefore were held unnecessarily with no conflict. This has now been changed. See image below from the UTMC council dept.
Attachments
unnamed.png
Britain

Post by Britain »

Seems like a bit of an oversight that it wasn't set up that way in the first place, unless they originally planned to let Slutchers Lane exit eastbound (even just for cycles).
Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Britain wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 13:35 Seems like a bit of an oversight that it wasn't set up that way in the first place, unless they originally planned to let Slutchers Lane exit eastbound (even just for cycles).
I think that is possibly the case as looking at the road layout it looks set up for traffic to turn right (space wise)