Is it time for a Loughton exit on the M11?

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

trickstat

Re: Is it time for a Loughton exit on the M11?

Post by trickstat »

qwertyK wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 14:01
c2R wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 14:00
qwertyK wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 13:48 Recent thread on here about the proposal to extend the congestion charge to the N and S circulars. If they do this, a lot of Essex residents in Loughton, Buckhurst Hill, Chigwell etc will have to pay the full £15 unlike London residents who get a 90% discount. Don't think they've thought of that. If there was access onto the southbound M11, this could be negated
I'm not sure I follow? I'd expect the North and South circulars to be exempted from the charge, as the London Inner Ring currently is, with only roads inside the north or south circular being charged. To do otherwise would be complete madness as it would cause diversion of trafic onto unsuitable routes.
Oh really, I thought they would be included in addition to the areas within it. That's good if it is the case, still crazy
One area that would probably be badly affected is South Woodford town centre which lies just south of a bridge over the North Circular and, at non-peak times, is a relatively simple drive from Buckhurst Hill or Loughton.
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Re: Is it time for a Loughton exit on the M11?

Post by c2R »

qwertyK wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 14:13

Gates Corner? What one is that?
wiki: Gates Corner
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps

From the SABRE Wiki: Gates Corner :

Gates Corner was a former junction on the A406 in North East London. It consisted of a traffic light controlled crossroads. During the early 1960s there were plans to upgrade the junction to a grade separated roundabout as part of dualling the A406. However, the route of the M11 was changed from the Lea Valley to the Roding Valley in 1964 and this meant

... Read More