2022 A-Z Great Britain Atlas (A4)

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Sunil_of_Yoxley

Re: 2022 A-Z Great Britain Atlas (A4)

Post by Sunil_of_Yoxley »

Oops - missed out another "Proposed" route:

A27 offline Fontwell to Arundel
Last edited by Sunil_of_Yoxley on Fri Jun 04, 2021 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
My London railway station photos on Wikimedia Commons
Sunil_of_Yoxley

Gav wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 20:55 phillips navigator it is then from now on....
Yep, looks like it will have to be!
roadphotos

Post by roadphotos »

There are a lot of recent road number changes in Aberdeen that were discussed in Digest recently, here are just a few of them. 1 = The B9119 is now the A9119 (a new highest 'A Road' number in Great Britain), 2 = The B985 has been moved to a completely different part of the city and now runs to the Altens Industrial Estate, 3 = The B991 has changed its route, 4 = The A9013, A9012, A9011 and A978 have all been downgraded to unclassified minor Roads, 5 = The B988 has been created on the line of what was an unclassified minor road. All of these changes and many others are shown on the latest OS (online maps) and the OpenStreetMap. As A-Z have failed to correct any of the other errors that were on the 2021 atlas then I would guess that they also haven't included these changes (very disappointing). Also I agree that the lack of junction detail on some pages is a step backwards.
Sunil_of_Yoxley

roadphotos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:10 There are a lot of recent road number changes in Aberdeen that were discussed in Digest recently, here are just a few of them. 1 = The B9119 is now the A9119 (a new highest 'A Road' number in Great Britain), 2 = The B985 has been moved to a completely different part of the city and now runs to the Altens Industrial Estate, 3 = The B991 has changed its route, 4 = The A9013, A9012, A9011 and A978 have all been downgraded to unclassified minor Roads, 5 = The B988 has been created on the line of what was an unclassified minor road. All of these changes and many others are shown on the latest OS (online maps) and the OpenStreetMap. As A-Z have failed to correct any of the other errors that were on the 2021 atlas then I would guess that they also haven't included these changes (very disappointing). Also I agree that the lack of junction detail on some pages is a step backwards.
Oh dear:

B9119 still shown as B9119 on main map and city-centre zoom-in - BUT Google also agree!
B985 shown on the city-centre zoom-in as Rose Street, heading north from Union St.
B991 shown as Bedford Road in the city-centre zoom-in.
A9013 shown as Union Street in city-centre zoom-in
A9012 not marked as such on either map (insufficient detail on main map?/zoom-in not large enough?)
A9011 not marked as such on either map
A978 not marked as such on either map
B988 not marked as such on either map