A630 Parkway Upgrade

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

jackal

A630 Parkway Upgrade

Post by jackal »

A £46m scheme to add a lane in both directions between the M1 and the Catcliffe GSJ, and widen J33, is underway. I'd have liked to have seen some left turn filters but otherwise it looks good. The current D2 carries over 60k AADT.

https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/parkway-upgrade
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Re: A630 Parkway Upgrade

Post by c2R »

For anyone coming back to the thread later, here's the archive.org link to the image: https://web.archive.org/web/20210419193 ... _small.jpg
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
XC70

Post by XC70 »

Last few times I was that way - which were a good few months ago now - there were major works in the central reserve of the parkway between J33 and the catcliffe GSJ. Is that part of the same project, just started already?
jackal

Post by jackal »

XC70 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 22:06 Last few times I was that way - which were a good few months ago now - there were major works in the central reserve of the parkway between J33 and the catcliffe GSJ. Is that part of the same project, just started already?
Yes, it started in February and they are widening into the central reservation.
the cheesecake man

Post by the cheesecake man »

It doesn't seem long since last time they added lanes to the junction. Either that was a half-assed cheapo job or I'm getting old. :wow: At least it's more than just concrete barriers in return for the long delays inevitably caused by reducing three lanes entering the roundabout to two.
XC70

Post by XC70 »

jackal wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 06:50
XC70 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 22:06 Last few times I was that way - which were a good few months ago now - there were major works in the central reserve of the parkway between J33 and the catcliffe GSJ. Is that part of the same project, just started already?
Yes, it started in February and they are widening into the central reservation.
Ah yes I see now, it started in Feb. Thought it had been just announced now when it was posted here. My mistake.