Woodford Interchange questions

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Chris5156
Deputy Treasurer

Re: Woodford Interchange questions

Post by Chris5156 »

Sunil_of_Yoxley wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 23:53 Some pics I took of the northbound M11 flyover last week:
These are great, thank you! It looks like the spaces either side of that different pier are wider than the others, which again supports the theory that it would have stood in the central reservation.
Sunil_of_Yoxley

Post by Sunil_of_Yoxley »

doebag wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 07:22
Sunil_of_Yoxley wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 21:53
But for me, the real "Mind blown" moment on seeing the plan was that the River Roding has been diverted - I only walked there on Thursday but didn't have a clue! No wonder it seems so straight!
Where the M11 crosses Chigwell Road, there is a bridge over nothing just to the east of the M11. This was the bridge over the river pre M11.
The area has regularly had a flood problem from the Roding, a number of times it happened while the M11 works were happening. I had to walk home from school a number of times due to Charlie Browns roundabout being under water.
It happened yesterday, with flooding on the A113 at Charlie Brown's and the A406 west of the M11 merge. A1400 also affected at Gants Hill.
My London railway station photos on Wikimedia Commons
Sunil_of_Yoxley

Post by Sunil_of_Yoxley »

Chris5156 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:38
Sunil_of_Yoxley wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 23:53 Some pics I took of the northbound M11 flyover last week:
These are great, thank you! It looks like the spaces either side of that different pier are wider than the others, which again supports the theory that it would have stood in the central reservation.
You're welcome! Though my only nagging doubt is that at the "opposite" end of the junction, all the bridge piers at the southbound "bridge over nothing" (M12 diverge) look identical.

My London railway station photos on Wikimedia Commons