J24 M1

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Gav

J24 M1

Post by Gav »

looking at this there is one fee flow that has not been incorporated - M1 north bound to A50.

I wonder how easy it would be to do that. The land is tight though so would probably need to remove the north bound on slip to the M1 from the junction and provide that a bit further north as a slip from the A50. Another bridge would be required and some thought in the layout. but it would make the junction a lot easier. that original J24 would then be solely for local traffic.
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Re: J24 M1

Post by c2R »

yes, we've had a couple of threads on this previously, and Truvelo has I'm sure posted a number of drawings!

On another I commented this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35563&start=60#p1020770
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
ForestChav
SABRE Developer

Post by ForestChav »

Most longer distance traffic would leave the M1 at 28 and pick up the A38 to the A50 the other side of Derby.

Shorter distance traffic can leave at 25, and use A52, A5111 and A6 to the A50.

It isn't really needed - maybe that's what they decided. Anyone really wanting to do it can presumably use the island at J24 as opposed to a free flow link.
C, E flat and G go into a bar. The barman says "sorry, we don't serve minors". So E flat walks off, leaving C and G to share an open fifth between them.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
jonnyf90

Post by jonnyf90 »

There's also J23A with the new (very fast down the hill!) to link up with the roundabout at J24, with bypass sliproad as well, as an alternative.
It's signed as such (https://goo.gl/maps/qJN5Be3y34UUPRaF9) so you get "another chance" at J24 if you miss it, as my Dad frequently does when he comes to visit!

Cheers
Una vida, bien vivida.
Veni, vidi, vici.