GeoGuessr UK

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Dadge

GeoGuessr UK

Post by Dadge »

Surprised to find so little mention of GeoGuessr on this forum. I wonder how many of you play? Quite a few of the things that fascinate Sabristi are really useful in the game, street furniture especially. The most famous UK player is probably Tom Davies (GeoWizard) who just lives a few miles from me. Here's a selection of his and other players' YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... oguessr+uk

I do a daily location quiz https://www.reddit.com/r/geochallenges/ ... le_week_6/ that some of you might find entertaining. You can also message me with suggestions for locations!
Mark Hewitt

Re: GeoGuessr UK

Post by Mark Hewitt »

I play very irregularly. I generally prefer his straight like videos.
B1040

Post by B1040 »

I have enjoyed it in the past, will undoubtedly enjoy it in the future but don't have time at the moment.
DavidBrown

Post by DavidBrown »

Played far less of it since, aside from the one game per day allowed, it went behind a paywall. I like it, but not enough to warrant forking out for it, even if it is at the level of change down the back of the sofa.
M4Simon
Elected Committee Member

Post by M4Simon »

I enjoy GeoGuessr and have played challenges against my children using anything from random world maps through to very specific categories. A couple of memorable instances included a trip through France where we drove across a large dam a little way north of Aurillac, which my son recognised from GeoGuessr, and another occasion which showed a restaurant in Dubrovnik which my daughter and I recognised instantly becaused we'd eaten there, and my son struggled with as he had gone on a school trip to Italy instead.

I had a go at today's challenge posted by Dadge and got 25,000 points - pleased with that!

Simon
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!

Please contact me if you want to know more
Dadge

Post by Dadge »

If you have an account, I've got two UK challenge series starting tonight https://www.reddit.com/r/geochallenges/ ... challenge/