Gallows Corner

The study of British and Irish roads - their construction, numbering, history, mapping, past and future official roads proposals and general roads musings.

There is a separate forum for Street Furniture (traffic lights, street lights, road signs etc).

Registered users get access to other forums including discussions about other forms of transport, driving, fantasy roads and wishlists, and roads quizzes.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Gav

Gallows Corner

Post by Gav »

Well I saw somewhere that they had a Y option for this junction I wonder what that was going to be like, was it a full free flow A12 A127 junction ? or just an additional slip arrangement and one of the other flows would need to still use the roundabout ?

went on to google earth and there is enough land around this junction to complete a full free flow and yes I know there is a rail tunnel to consider - Id be looking to have the A127 and A12 have this fabled Y interchange off of the level. And that merge could be off to the west of the roundabout. Make that roundabout slightly larger aswell, as it is that what makes this such a busy junction - the roundabout it way too small.

The slips for the A12 to the west dont need to head fort he A12 right there, they could be routed slightly to the north and run parallel with the A12 until there was better room to allow the splice. and it would give room to run the slips for the A12 North into the A12 west....
Chris5156
Deputy Treasurer

Re: Gallows Corner

Post by Chris5156 »

Gav wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 13:31Well I saw somewhere that they had a Y option for this junction I wonder what that was going to be like, was it a full free flow A12 A127 junction ? or just an additional slip arrangement and one of the other flows would need to still use the roundabout ?
Are you thinking of the double deck flyover once proposed for Gants Hill Roundabout?
Gav

Re: Gallows Corner

Post by Gav »

id look to do it like this...
Attachments
a.jpg