Who made this street light?

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

AutoUnder

Who made this street light?

Post by AutoUnder »

Lancashire County Council has just started using these LED lamp heads around the county, does anyone know who made them? There is no company name or logo on the fitting.
Chris5156
Deputy Treasurer

Re: Who made this street light?

Post by Chris5156 »

I should think not - if I’d designed something that looked like that I wouldn’t want my name on it either.
AutoUnder

Post by AutoUnder »

I quite like the design tbh. Our council used to use Thorn Civiteq's and they are ugly!
mercer

Post by mercer »

AutoUnder wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 17:24 I quite like the design tbh. Our council used to use Thorn Civiteq's and they are ugly!
LCC having been using Thorn Civiteqs for the last few years and I hate them. Not sure who makes those in the OP but I noticed they had been popping up on the Penwortham Bypass works in recent weeks.
nowster
Treasurer

Post by nowster »

Another design that illuminates the tops of things whilst keeping their sides in darkness.
peter1uk

Post by peter1uk »

Derbyshire county council has been installing a larger version of this recently where I live.
AutoUnder

Post by AutoUnder »

mercer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 16:34 LCC having been using Thorn Civiteqs for the last few years and I hate them. Not sure who makes those in the OP but I noticed they had been popping up on the Penwortham Bypass works in recent weeks.
Yes I've noticed that. I'm doing the 5K run on it before it opens too!

All of my estate is Civiteqs apart from the one closest to my house which is a Schreder Axia and it lights the road really well
mercer

Post by mercer »

AutoUnder wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 21:39
mercer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 16:34 LCC having been using Thorn Civiteqs for the last few years and I hate them. Not sure who makes those in the OP but I noticed they had been popping up on the Penwortham Bypass works in recent weeks.
Yes I've noticed that. I'm doing the 5K run on it before it opens too!

All of my estate is Civiteqs apart from the one closest to my house which is a Schreder Axia and it lights the road really well
I agree - Our estate (which has been built out over the past 4 years) is all Schreder Axia's and I much prefer them to the Civiteqs. I find the Civiteqs on main roads are ok but the ones on residential estates are rubbish.

(p.s. Just noticed your location is Leyland... I moved there two years ago)
peter1uk

Post by peter1uk »

Finally found what these are. They are called Isaro Pro and are made by Thorn.
AutoUnder

Post by AutoUnder »

peter1uk wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:05 Finally found what these are. They are called Isaro Pro and are made by Thorn.
I don’t think they are, it doesn’t say Thorn anywhere on them like on the website and it looks quite a bit different near the back of the unit
peter1uk

Post by peter1uk »

I have seen one of these being installed today, this is an Axia 3 by Urbis.
PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Chris5156 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 00:51 I should think not - if I’d designed something that looked like that I wouldn’t want my name on it either.
That makes two of us.
AutoUnder

Post by AutoUnder »

peter1uk wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 20:46 I have seen one of these being installed today, this is an Axia 3 by Urbis.
I have literally just found it online! They’re not listed on the website yet but I’ve managed to find a promotional leaflet about it. Thank you anyway Peter1uk :D

https://issuu.com/urbis-schreder/docs/a ... l2019/1?ff