Botched Roadsigns

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

jnty

Re: Botched Roadsigns

Post by jnty »

solocle wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 08:44 Ugh, that one, it's one, actually a movement I've made on my bike.
Ah yes, so I see! :lol:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sRWaU7KPdLRS4we69
solocle

Post by solocle »

jnty wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 02:20
solocle wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 08:44 Ugh, that one, it's one, actually a movement I've made on my bike.
Ah yes, so I see! :lol:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sRWaU7KPdLRS4we69
Oh, no, that's not me! Nice to know that I'm not the only one, though...
alice

Post by alice »

Boscombe: So good they put it up there twice! https://goo.gl/maps/jFfrB865FbKdBz5V6
telfordboi

Post by telfordboi »

Path shared by pedestrians and cyclists… but with cycling prohibited?

https://goo.gl/maps/BpkxgcvJyfkhPZMh8
Skermington

Post by Skermington »

What on Earth?! Warning. Road ahead.
Conekicker

Post by Conekicker »

Skermington wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 07:06 What on Earth?! Warning. Road ahead.
There's a right hand bend ahead. Perhaps it's rained and the bend sign shrank a bit as it dried? :wink:
Patience is not a virtue - it's a concept invented by the dozy beggars who are unable to think quickly enough.
OliverH

Post by OliverH »

Jonathan24

Post by Jonathan24 »

Conekicker wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:00
Skermington wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 07:06 What on Earth?! Warning. Road ahead.
There's a right hand bend ahead. Perhaps it's rained and the bend sign shrank a bit as it dried? :wink:
The correct version is on the other side of the road. Looks like the road on the left fell off!
Skermington

Post by Skermington »

Jonathan24 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 18:11 The correct version is on the other side of the road. Looks like the road on the left fell off!
Over 12 years ago! And still hasn't been replaced/sharpied on by The Mount! :lol:
Skermington

Post by Skermington »

Ok, a bit of a roundabout way to get to Nottingham Racecourse, but makes sense to keep traffic away from Arnold/Sherwood etc.

But 7 miles down the road, the next reference to a racecourse is here. It's only once you get into Southwell town centre that you realise you've been led on a wild goose chase and instead are 13 miles away from where you intended to be at Southwell Races, as opposed to Nottingham Races.
OliverH

Post by OliverH »

Skermington wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 09:12 Ok, a bit of a roundabout way to get to Nottingham Racecourse, but makes sense to keep traffic away from Arnold/Sherwood etc.

But 7 miles down the road, the next reference to a racecourse is here. It's only once you get into Southwell town centre that you realise you've been led on a wild goose chase and instead are 13 miles away from where you intended to be at Southwell Races, as opposed to Nottingham Races.
at the same roundabout, there is another botch. out of all the white direction signs, this is the only one on a green sign.
Chris Bertram

Post by Chris Bertram »

OliverH wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:18
Skermington wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 09:12 Ok, a bit of a roundabout way to get to Nottingham Racecourse, but makes sense to keep traffic away from Arnold/Sherwood etc.

at the same roundabout, there is another botch. out of all the white direction signs, this is the only one on a green sign.
Love the 5-digit number ("A60997"), though of course it's a StreetView stitching artefact. :D
“The quality of any advice anybody has to offer has to be judged against the quality of life they actually lead.” - Douglas Adams.

Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!
Chris5156
Deputy Treasurer

Post by Chris5156 »

OliverH wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:18

The white panel on a green sign is wrong too. The flag sign should be either all green or all white. Or in fact, since it’s pointing right at the exit from a roundabout, it really shouldn’t be there at all. Current advice is just to sign the exit.
alice

Post by alice »

Couple more I noticed on my wanderings yesterday.

https://goo.gl/maps/AnNMZE4DeANvmsKb7 - This one I think has been mentioned before, but getting the road number wrong twice in different ways on the same sign is something special (ahead and left are the A347)

https://goo.gl/maps/fSYaypckqVtWvT1B9 - this odd one looks like a generic British Rail sign, but why they've put it up when a perfectly good actual road sign exists...
nick_dunn

Post by nick_dunn »

I find wrong road numbers particularly annoying. This is the B4176 at Himley, not the B4171.
Chris Bertram

Post by Chris Bertram »

nick_dunn wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:24 I find wrong road numbers particularly annoying. This is the B4176 at Himley, not the B4171.
B4171 is Dudley to Blackheath, how did they get that wrong?
“The quality of any advice anybody has to offer has to be judged against the quality of life they actually lead.” - Douglas Adams.

Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!

From the SABRE Wiki: B4171 :

The B4171 is an urban B-road running through the Black Country.

Starting at traffic lights on the A459 the road heads south alongside the old railway line along an intermittently dual road along the edge of Dudley town centre. It turns left at traffic lights onto Hall Street and goes over the A461 before continuing on into Kate's Hill.

After a mini-roundabout the road

... Read More