Dutch pedestrian lights projected on ground

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Dutch pedestrian lights projected on ground

Post by c2R »

Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
roadtester

Re: Dutch pedestrian lights projected on ground

Post by roadtester »

I thought that story had a familiar ring to it - Google came up with this from Germany last year:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2 ... tect-text/
trencheel303
Account deactivated at user request

Post by trencheel303 »

Fair enough, but I can't even walk down a busy street with earphones in without feeling disorientated. I don't know how people can do it looking down at their phone, but this may help save the odd life or two.
boliston

Post by boliston »

I tend to watch the traffic mainly rather than the lights as I would not blindly trust traffic to stop just because the light is red for them
L.J.D

Post by L.J.D »

I think it's a crazy idea that encourages stepping out onto the road without looking. Even on a green man I always look all directions before crossing because you could still have traffic waiting to turn coming through at busier junctions. Thankfully it won't see the light of day in this country as that was the whole point in puffins to encourage looking before crossing.