Rare Roadsigns

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Alderpoint

Rare Roadsigns

Post by Alderpoint »

Driving along the Carrington Spur today, the wife saw the "no horsedrawn vehicles" sign, and commented that you don't see it that often.

So where else do you know of the "no horsedrawn vehicles" sign. What about other "rare" roadsigns? I think we can exclude the minimum speed limit signs, as those locations seem to be fairly widely know.

Carrington Spur restrictions sign
Let it snow.
Conekicker

Re: Rare Roadsigns

Post by Conekicker »

Considering that array of signs is on a motorway exit slip, it's completely brainless - how would any of the prohibited movements get there in the first place? 0/10 for whoever put them up.
Patience is not a virtue - it's a concept invented by the dozy beggars who are unable to think quickly enough.
RichardA626

Post by RichardA626 »

Alderpoint wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 23:06 Driving along the Carrington Spur today, the wife saw the "no horsedrawn vehicles" sign, and commented that you don't see it that often.

So where else do you know of the "no horsedrawn vehicles" sign. What about other "rare" roadsigns? I think we can exclude the minimum speed limit signs, as those locations seem to be fairly widely know.

The A500 near Stoke has at least 1 "no horsedrawn vehicles" sign, as does the A627(M) near Oldham.

I've mentioned the possibly unique worded "no track laying vehicles" at Top Lock in Marple.
Beware of the trickster on the roof
Berk

Post by Berk »

Alderpoint wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 23:06 Driving along the Carrington Spur today, the wife saw the "no horsedrawn vehicles" sign, and commented that you don't see it that often.

That was on a former motorway, wasn’t it?? The fabled A6144(M), :wink:
Conekicker wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 23:14 Considering that array of signs is on a motorway exit slip, it's completely brainless - how would any of the prohibited movements get there in the first place? 0/10 for whoever put them up.
You know how brainless some road users can be. They’ve tried daft things like cycling on the M1 before. I’m sure some people would try saying ‘it’s legal in Romania”!! :laugh:

From the SABRE Wiki: A6144(M) :

The A6144(M) was a short motorway spur from the M60 (previously M63) south-west of Manchester towards the A6144 at Carrington, built so that heavy goods traffic could access the chemical and industrial works there without having to pass through the centre of Sale. The road was notorious as being the motorway built to the lowest physical

... Read More