How many different car pictograms are there??

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Johnathan404

Re: How many different car pictograms are there??

Post by Johnathan404 »

AndyB wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:35 The road sign in advance of an open crossing on Irish Rail is still a yellow diamond with a single track railway superimposed on a black X. The red triangle with a steam loco is used as part of the crossing signage addressed at road users rather than normal road signage (if you get the distinction?)
Also used for the lifting bridge, amusingly.
AndyB wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:35 The only remaining “lights and bells” crossing is as far as I know Wexford Quays. It’s marked by having red wigwags with no amber road light as they were never provided for with lights and bells crossings.
The whole setup is well worth a look on Street View for those who aren't familiar with it.
I have websites about: motorway services | Fareham
AndyB
Elected Committee Member

Post by AndyB »

Johnathan404 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 14:38
AndyB wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:35 The road sign in advance of an open crossing on Irish Rail is still a yellow diamond with a single track railway superimposed on a black X. The red triangle with a steam loco is used as part of the crossing signage addressed at road users rather than normal road signage (if you get the distinction?)
Also used for the lifting bridge, amusingly.
It could refer to the quayside tramway, which terminates on the footway at the other side of the bridge and rematerialises in the middle of the roundabout?
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

KeithW wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 14:07 There is a side on pictogram on the quayside sign with the car heading for the drink. As to make and model what springs to mind is the Austin A40 Farina.
I have always thought that the front view pictogram looks like a Ford Anglia 100E with its three barred grille.