Floor marker??

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Tom Williams

Floor marker??

Post by Tom Williams »

I was walking in Hereford today, specificaly behind Morrisons, and on the floor were several of these interesting things, they are some kind of boundary marker and they are labeled "LVSF boundary line", I would like to know what they are as they seem quite intriguing.
Photo:
Attachments
20190117_145359-480x640.jpg
Vierwielen

Re: Floor marker??

Post by Vierwielen »

Access to the multi-story carpark at one of my places of work was through another company's property. Their open-air car park had parking places right next to the multi-story car park, but there was a distinct marking 6 metres from the multi-story suggesting to me that in order to comply with fire regulations, the multi-story was built 6 metres from the boundary line.

I have found a picture on WIkipedia of another boundary line that is marked on the pavement - see here! I won't tell you what it is, just that it is more significant than the boundary markers in the Morrison's carpark in Hereford.
Tom Williams

Post by Tom Williams »

Vierwielen wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:04 Access to the multi-story carpark at one of my places of work was through another company's property. Their open-air car park had parking places right next to the multi-story car park, but there was a distinct marking 6 metres from the multi-story suggesting to me that in order to comply with fire regulations, the multi-story was built 6 metres from the boundary line.

I have found a picture on WIkipedia of another boundary line that is marked on the pavement - see here! I won't tell you what it is, just that it is more significant than the boundary markers in the Morrison's carpark in Hereford.
I already know what that is because of Tom Scott's YouTube video on it, it's the Netherlands Belgium border!
FleetlinePhil

Post by FleetlinePhil »

Vierwielen wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:04
I was thinking it stood for Nondescript Lager* to the left, Beer to the right :) .

* with apologies to that country's small number of decent breweries.
JohnnyMo

Post by JohnnyMo »

Tom Williams wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 21:03 ... I would like to know what they are as they seem quite intriguing.
I assume these are legal boundary markers, I've seen similar where a development has widened the pavement while retaining ownership of the land.

Does LVSF or LV & SF have any local significance?
“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie" - Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
Johnny Mo
Tom Williams

Post by Tom Williams »

JohnnyMo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 21:44
Tom Williams wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 21:03 ... I would like to know what they are as they seem quite intriguing.
I assume these are legal boundary markers, I've seen similar where a development has widened the pavement while retaining ownership of the land.

LVSF, LV and SF don't have any significance as far as I'm aware although I'll have a look on GSV just now
Tom Williams

Post by Tom Williams »

Just had a look near the marker, and there is nothing, unless there was previously a business there by those initials
Tom Williams

Post by Tom Williams »

Tom Williams wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 21:59

Just had a look near the marker, and there is nothing, unless there was previously a business there by those initials
Can't provide a street view link because the marker is on a private road to the back of the building and the back of Morrisons