Road sign design query

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

RichardA35
Elected Committee Member

Re: Road sign design query

Post by RichardA35 »

Bryn666 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 09:50
Conekicker wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 05:29 I'm sure we'd be happy to bring you to the dark side, errm, help. Yes, definitely help :D

God knows there are few enough in this game who know how to design signs properly, so any potential new recruit who shows a spark of interest is to be encouraged!
Absolutely, the sum total of those of us who care properly about traffic signs can probably fit in a small hatchback.
I care, but get others to get it right for me :-)
Bryn666
Elected Committee Member

Post by Bryn666 »

RichardA35 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:23
Conekicker wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 05:29 I'm sure we'd be happy to bring you to the dark side, errm, help. Yes, definitely help :D

God knows there are few enough in this game who know how to design signs properly, so any potential new recruit who shows a spark of interest is to be encouraged!
Absolutely, the sum total of those of us who care properly about traffic signs can probably fit in a small hatchback.
That still counts :laugh:
Bryn
Terminally cynical, unimpressed, and nearly Middle Age already.
She said life was like a motorway; dull, grey, and long.

Blog - https://showmeasign.online/
X - https://twitter.com/ShowMeASignBryn
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@BrynBuck
Arcuarius

Post by Arcuarius »

Bryn666 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:34
RichardA35 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:23

That still counts :laugh:
I definitely care but I'm stuck in the Structures team these days :evil:
"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."
- some extreme-right nutcase

1973-2007 Never forgotten
Bfivethousand

Post by Bfivethousand »

I care too, an awful lot. It's just a shame that my career seems to have substantially dodged any half decent signing schemes in recent years (hopefully to be rectified shortly)
16 Sodium atoms walk into a bar
followed immediately by Batman
Conekicker

Post by Conekicker »

Arcuarius wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 17:25 I definitely care but I'm stuck in the Structures team these days :evil:
You poor, poor thing. Presumably one can safely assume that, (like all structural bods I've ever had dealings with), you've had your personality removed and have lost whatever common sense you previously had? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

For those who have never had dealings with them, Structures boys are weird...
Patience is not a virtue - it's a concept invented by the dozy beggars who are unable to think quickly enough.
mark3evo

Post by mark3evo »

Nathan_A_RF wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 01:21 I would think a second sign for local destinations such as this would be of use to drivers more than leaving them out or cramming them on.
I think they ignored Frant station on the left because no body wants heavy traffic
Coming off the A21 and down a narrow
C road
Stevie D

Post by Stevie D »

mark3evo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 09:38
Nathan_A_RF wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 01:21 I would think a second sign for local destinations such as this would be of use to drivers more than leaving them out or cramming them on.
I think they ignored Frant station on the left because no body wants heavy traffic
C road
What's heavy traffic got to do with it? It's not going to be the trains themselves going down there! It will only really be commuters and a handful of visitors to the area, you wouldn't get heavy traffic going to Frant station!
Nathan_A_RF

Post by Nathan_A_RF »

The traffic down that lane is heavy due to it being a rat run, so I would recommend a restriction or advance warning of sorts.
mark3evo

Post by mark3evo »

Stevie D wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 21:17
mark3evo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 09:38
C road
What's heavy traffic got to do with it? It's not going to be the trains themselves going down there! It will only really be commuters and a handful of visitors to the area, you wouldn't get heavy traffic going to Frant station!
it actually makes a useful short cut from the south of Tunbridge wells to Paddock Wood avoiding the Pembury road snarl up. why, i used it from Tunbridge wells Cemetary on bayhall road