C Signs

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Britain

C Signs

Post by Britain »

Has anybody ever seen these signs before? I've seen similar signs relating to the London Congestion Charge but I've never actually seen a sign with the C and a camera symbol and I've never seen the "end of zone" C sign either.

I can't find any information online or in the Highway Code. Are they up to standard?

Last edited by Britain on Tue Jul 09, 2019 04:54, edited 1 time in total.
I'm nobody special, just somebody who enjoys looking at and talking about infrastructure. Eager to learn as much as I can about the roads of the UK 🇬🇧 - please help me with this.
c2R
SABRE Wiki admin

Re: C Signs

Post by c2R »

The C with the line through it is all over the place in London

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5301172 ... 384!8i8192

The authorisation for the signs is in TSRGD2016 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/362/made Schedule 8 Part 4

(i.e. diagrams 894 + 679)
Is there a road improvement project going on near you? Help us to document it on the SABRE Wiki - help is available in the Digest forum.
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Get involved! - see our guide to scanning and stitching maps
Chris5156
Deputy Treasurer

Post by Chris5156 »

The other sign, the C with a camera symbol, is a reminder that you’re within the Congestion Charge zone. They’re dotted all over the place within the Congestion Charge area.
Big L
Deputy Site Manager

Post by Big L »

I can't help but wonder where our new member has been caught out.
Make poetry history.

Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Help with maps using the new online calibrator.
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki.
Britain

Post by Britain »

c2R wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 09:57 The C with the line through it is all over the place in London

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5301172 ... 384!8i8192

The authorisation for the signs is in TSRGD2016 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/362/made Schedule 8 Part 4

(i.e. diagrams 894 + 679)
Chris5156 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 18:54 The other sign, the C with a camera symbol, is a reminder that you’re within the Congestion Charge zone. They’re dotted all over the place within the Congestion Charge area.
Perfect, just what I was looking for. Thank you.
Big L wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 19:35 I can't help but wonder where our new member has been caught out.
Thankfully nowhere, just curious as I've never seen them before.
I'm nobody special, just somebody who enjoys looking at and talking about infrastructure. Eager to learn as much as I can about the roads of the UK 🇬🇧 - please help me with this.
avtur

Post by avtur »

When the ULEZ is extended next year, to encompass the area within the North and south circular roads there are going be significantly more signs to deal with. A huge area to "enforce" and with so many entry/exit points. Whoever gets to make the signs for that exercise is going to do very well.
Britain

Post by Britain »

avtur wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 02:08 When the ULEZ is extended next year, to encompass the area within the North and south circular roads there are going be significantly more signs to deal with. A huge area to "enforce" and with so many entry/exit points. Whoever gets to make the signs for that exercise is going to do very well.
You're right about that. The C signs I saw have been installed on/near the Mersey Gateway Bridge in Cheshire. There are no C road markings or entry signs yet. I noticed the C camera signs go up then a couple of days later the Zone ENDS signs went up so it'll be interesting to see what more furniture they install.
Rob590

Post by Rob590 »