Crown Dependencies

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Skipsy

Crown Dependencies

Post by Skipsy »

Why do they not have cones protecting the aspects of the signal in Jersey?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@49.19657 ... 312!8i6656

Looks really ugly. Also, why does the Isle of Man have so many STOP signs rather than GIVE WAY?
Patrick Harper

Re: Crown Dependencies

Post by Patrick Harper »

Skipsy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 22:25Also, why does the Isle of Man have so many STOP signs rather than GIVE WAY?
Something to do with no speed limit + bikers I suspect.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

There is also the Filter In Turn system used on Jersey and Guernsey. On approaching a filter junction you are required to give way to one vehicle, whichever direction it is coming from, and then have priority over the next vehicle approaching from the same direction. It seems strange to begin with but it works well while traffic volumes are low.
Vierwielen

Post by Vierwielen »

PhilC wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 19:18 There is also the Filter In Turn system used on Jersey and Guernsey. On approaching a filter junction you are required to give way to one vehicle, whichever direction it is coming from, and then have priority over the next vehicle approaching from the same direction. It seems strange to begin with but it works well while traffic volumes are low.
This sounds similar to the 4-way Stop Street that I got used to in South Africa. Often, in the middle of nowhere such as here you would come across the four-way stop street. All that this picture does not show is a small shrub with a motorbike pulled up alongside it and a policeman waiting to ticket the unwary motorist.