New halogen traffic signals

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

traffic-light-man

New halogen traffic signals

Post by traffic-light-man »

I've noticed in the last few weeks that a set of younger GEC Mellors here in Liverpool have been replaced like-for-like with new halogen signal heads. While it's still fairly common to have a halogen head for a casual replacement or a lone addition in an otherwise all-halogen site, I haven't come across a site refurbishment (I'll use that term loosely, it is only the lanterns that have been replaced) using a full compliment of halogen heads for quite some time now.

I was just wondering if anyone else has spotted any other new or refurbished sites using halogen in any other areas?
Attachments
IMG_20200921_134009.jpg
Simon
OliverH

Re: New halogen traffic signals

Post by OliverH »

traffic-light-man wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 19:38 I've noticed in the last few weeks that a set of younger GEC Mellors here in Liverpool have been replaced like-for-like with new halogen signal heads. While it's still fairly common to have a halogen head for a casual replacement or a lone addition in an otherwise all-halogen site, I haven't come across a site refurbishment (I'll use that term loosely, it is only the lanterns that have been replaced) using a full compliment of halogen heads for quite some time now.

I was just wondering if anyone else has spotted any other new or refurbished sites using halogen in any other areas?
Here's one in Leeds: https://www.google.com/maps/@53.8087773 ... 384!8i8192 that has that been modified and has new heads on old poles. The junction after this one had its heads replaced with peeks.
RichardA35
Committee Member

Post by RichardA35 »

traffic-light-man wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 19:38 I've noticed in the last few weeks that a set of younger GEC Mellors here in Liverpool have been replaced like-for-like with new halogen signal heads. While it's still fairly common to have a halogen head for a casual replacement or a lone addition in an otherwise all-halogen site, I haven't come across a site refurbishment (I'll use that term loosely, it is only the lanterns that have been replaced) using a full compliment of halogen heads for quite some time now.

Does that mean the site is running at 240V?
traffic-light-man

Post by traffic-light-man »

RichardA35 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 16:42Does that mean the site is running at 240V?
I believe so, yes, with them being halogen. It doesn't look like the controller was touched at all, which I think is probably a T400 going off the case.
Simon