London to Bath 1963 colour film.

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Focus 2

London to Bath 1963 colour film.

Post by Focus 2 »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, it's as relevant to the Roads section as well as street furniture.

A 1963 Castol film in colour.

https://youtu.be/Qp-Sv_lXWvU
Patrick Harper

Re: London to Bath 1963 colour film.

Post by Patrick Harper »

This is the best transfer I can find of this movie, the timing is correct though the source is a mediocre Beta SP copy rather than the original film. Apparently IAM don't have the original so who knows where that might have ended up.
traffic-light-man

Post by traffic-light-man »

I particularly enjoy seeing the yellow original-style backing boards on the Tin Lanterns, and the pre-Pelican SGE ped crossing set up. Thanks for sharing!
Simon
WHBM

Post by WHBM »

I've seen this before. The commentator/driver comes over as more than a little arrogant and pushy, surprisingly for what the film sets out to achieve. The film is great though with the sound turned down, spotting all the sections of the A4. Surprising how much has not changed in 60 years. Nice old Jag as well.

Is the pale yellow Vauxhall Victor FB in the early part of the film a pace car with him ?