Human traffic bollards

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

Peter350

Human traffic bollards

Post by Peter350 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-57318104

A new solution for when the fixed bollards and ANPR don’t work, or just a publicity stunt?
JohnnyMo

Re: Human traffic bollards

Post by JohnnyMo »

Just a publicity stunt and this weeks BBC News agenda. This is the 2nd or 3rd time traffic calming has been on the BBC News this week and it's only Wednesday.
“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie" - Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
Johnny Mo
rhyds

Post by rhyds »

JohnnyMo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 13:43 Just a publicity stunt and this weeks BBC News agenda. This is the 2nd or 3rd time traffic calming has been on the BBC News this week and it's only Wednesday.
Its half term week, and the first one for a good while where folks can go on holiday, hence most of BBC/ITV News being effectively just rehashed press releases and other easy to do stories for the folks left in the office.
Built for comfort, not speed.
Britain

Post by Britain »

Haven't those people seen the clips of idiots following an authorised vehicle through and the bollard rises into their vehicle? Aah! Look out!
I'm nobody special, just somebody who enjoys looking at and talking about infrastructure. Eager to learn as much as I can about the roads of the UK 🇬🇧 - please help me with this.