New traffic signals

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

rachandsarai

New traffic signals

Post by rachandsarai »

In Caithness I've seen alot of new traffic signals in both Wick and Thurso. A total of 5 new sets in Wick and 2 in Thurso. All of Wick ones are on and only 1/2 sets on in Thurso.
Rachel Harper, A Scottish Vehicle Spotter and Road enthusiast in Scotland.
Ruperts Trooper

Re: New traffic signals

Post by Ruperts Trooper »

rachandsarai wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 20:56 In Caithness I've seen alot of new traffic signals in both Wick and Thurso. A total of 5 new sets in Wick and 2 in Thurso. All of Wick ones are on and only 1/2 sets on in Thurso.
Is this in response to increased traffic due to the popularity of the NC500?
Lifelong motorhead
rachandsarai

Post by rachandsarai »

Ruperts Trooper wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 21:25
rachandsarai wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 20:56 In Caithness I've seen alot of new traffic signals in both Wick and Thurso. A total of 5 new sets in Wick and 2 in Thurso. All of Wick ones are on and only 1/2 sets on in Thurso.
Is this in response to increased traffic due to the popularity of the NC500?
Might be. I'm not sure. They are all pedestrian crossing ones so I'm thinking maybe to make it safer for the kids.
Mark Hewitt

Post by Mark Hewitt »

I'm kind of gutted I didn't do the trip around the North of Scotland I had planned c.2008/9. Kids since intervened to make that sort of holiday impractical but back then I would have been just doing a route I'd planned myself, now it's the North Coast 500.
rachandsarai

Post by rachandsarai »

Mark Hewitt wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 08:33 I'm kind of gutted I didn't do the trip around the North of Scotland I had planned c.2008/9. Kids since intervened to make that sort of holiday impractical but back then I would have been just doing a route I'd planned myself, now it's the North Coast 500.
Definitely a few traffic signals on the NC500