Yunex and Swarco news

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

traffic-light-man

Yunex and Swarco news

Post by traffic-light-man »

Not something I'd usually make too much of a note about, but with both things happening today, I thought it was worthy of a mention - though admittedly, I don't expect it to create too much discussion!

The ITS part of the Siemens Mobility business has been transitioning to Yunex Traffic over the last few months, with the final part of that falling in to place. Yunex Traffic is a new company, which is still wholly owned by Siemens (for now, at least). The UK has been the last geographical area to move across to Yunex, and legally, it became Yunex Traffic Ltd from today. I believe they will be rebranding their product range with the Yunex name, too, as perhaps is to be expected.

The other newsworthy note today has been the acquisition of the ITS business of Dynniq by Swarco. It appears that the motivation behind this is to fill some gaps in Swarco's geographical portfolio, which match up fairly well between the two companies, with Dynniq having a strong footing in the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands and much of Scandinavia, which are perhaps less lucrative for Swarco. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, particularly with regards to whether or not Swarco will leave Dynniq or indeed the Dynniq/Peek range of products as a stand alone brand or line of products.
Simon