Ceci n'est pas une lampe...

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

FleetlinePhil

Ceci n'est pas une lampe...

Post by FleetlinePhil »

I was struck by an image in yesterday's print edition of the i showing a sculpture created from street lighting lanterns, and was looking forward to sharing it with the afficionados on here. Entitled "The Watchers", the piece is by Megan (or Meg) Moss and is currently on display at the Royal Scottish Academy as part of the Society of Scottish Artists annual exhibition.

Unfortunately, the online edition didn't carry the story :( . I could not find a review of the exhibition anywhere, although admittedly I've not looked on social media channels as I don't use them. The best I got was Ms Moss's page on the SSA website, where her avatar shows a similar piece. If anyone has come across a better link to this artist's work, please feel free to post it.
Jonathan24

Re: Ceci n'est pas une lampe...

Post by Jonathan24 »

FleetlinePhil

Re: Ceci n'est pas une lampe...

Post by FleetlinePhil »

:D Indeed it is - many thanks for your trouble.

There is a link from that site to Ms Moss's own website, where I thought these slightly more conventional artworks might also be of interest to some Sabristi.