"Safety Camera" corroboration markings

Discussion about street lighting, road signs, traffic signals - and all other street furniture - goes here.

Moderator: Site Management Team

storeydesign

"Safety Camera" corroboration markings

Post by storeydesign »

Hi all, a colleague is trying to find a DfT working drawing for corroboration markings for astatic safety camera. I can't recall them being in the 1994 or 2002 TSRGD but I'm sure I recall a working drawing when I was carry out the netting off project for South Yorkshire Camera Partnership - anyone any ideas?
yen_powell

Re: "Safety Camera" corroboration markings

Post by yen_powell »

Have you tried searching the authorised signs website?
https://www.dft.gov.uk/traffic-auths/
Bomag

Post by Bomag »

storeydesign wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:57 Hi all, a colleague is trying to find a DfT working drawing for corroboration markings for astatic safety camera. I can't recall them being in the 1994 or 2002 TSRGD but I'm sure I recall a working drawing when I was carry out the netting off project for South Yorkshire Camera Partnership - anyone any ideas?
They are not road markings, so are not in TSRGD. Camera partnerships normally have copy for the camera types they use.
Conekicker

Post by Conekicker »

Bomag wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 00:16
storeydesign wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:57 Hi all, a colleague is trying to find a DfT working drawing for corroboration markings for astatic safety camera. I can't recall them being in the 1994 or 2002 TSRGD but I'm sure I recall a working drawing when I was carry out the netting off project for South Yorkshire Camera Partnership - anyone any ideas?
They are not road markings, so are not in TSRGD. Camera partnerships normally have copy for the camera types they use.
Yes, the type of marking for any specific camera system will be part of the Home Office Type Approval (HOTA) documentation for said system. Speak to the supplier of the camera system for the required info.

GATSO is usually a "ruler on the road" marking, whereas Truvelo(?) is 2 or 3 lines transversely across the carriageway, for example. SPECS (or whatever they are called these days) average speed kit is usually some sort of location identifier for each specific camera location.

If the markings are missing at a site, I'd inform the relevant boys in blue, to keep them sweet.
Patience is not a virtue - it's a concept invented by the dozy beggars who are unable to think quickly enough.
squashgym

Safety Camera Road Markings

Post by squashgym »

Hi, looking for info on safety (speed) camera road markings and those used on motorways in particular, i.e. are they a prescribed marking is there any standard drawings/spec available for them? TIA
Conekicker

Re: Safety Camera Road Markings

Post by Conekicker »

squashgym wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 08:10 Hi, looking for info on safety (speed) camera road markings and those used on motorways in particular, i.e. are they a prescribed marking is there any standard drawings/spec available for them? TIA
Look at the post immediately above yours.

Also, how fast were you going? :twisted:
Patience is not a virtue - it's a concept invented by the dozy beggars who are unable to think quickly enough.
RichardA35
Committee Member

Post by RichardA35 »

After a bit of research this morning, for those with access to the TSS Plans Registry, a drawing of the markings is shown in Appendix A of MCH 1544A although this is now considered a "Legacy Document"