Moderator: Site Management Team
- SABRE Maps Coordinator
- Posts: 17423
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 20:39
- Location: Wolverhampton, Staffordshire
As it's now 2020 (really?), SABRE Maps can now offer maps with a copyright date of 1969 - and so the first ones to be made available are both the North and South sheets of the 1970 Route Planning Map, as usual offering GB-wide coverage and an excellent overview of the major changes that happened during the year.
There's loads of highlights here, and some of my favourites are:
* Our first "London motorway" - the A102(M) Blackwall Tunnel Southern Approach
* M6 now shown as under construction from M5 to M1, Penrith Bypass open and the remaining stretch in Westmorland shown as under construction
* M3 under construction
* M5 south of M50 and Cullompton Bypass both shown as under construction
* More A1(M) in County Durham
* More M8 and M9
What's your favourites?
Founder Member, SABRE ex-Presidents' Corner
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!