M12 (Northern Ireland)

Talk about items you find on SABRE Maps - interesting features, historic road layouts etc. Also contains announcements of new maps available on SABRE Maps.

Moderator: Site Management Team

AndyB
SABRE Developer

Re: M12 (Northern Ireland)

Post by AndyB »

Well, well. When I looked at Google Maps, I thought that it might have cut across from Carbet Road to where the photo shows the Charlestown Road reverts to its old alignment, but it's been landscaped out of existence to a track.
A42_Sparks

Post by A42_Sparks »

AndyB wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 22:09 Well, well. When I looked at Google Maps, I thought that it might have cut across from Carbet Road to where the photo shows the Charlestown Road reverts to its old alignment, but it's been landscaped out of existence to a track.
Looking at the photo that track could be a temporary access to the truncated part of Carbet Rd?
AndyB
SABRE Developer

Post by AndyB »

No, it's on exactly the same horizontal alignment as the offslip in the photo you found, just as you can see from Streetview it is not level. Carbet Road can be accessed from the other end.
FosseWay
Assistant Site Manager

Post by FosseWay »

The posts covering the road itself, which were previously part of this thread, have been moved to their own thread in British and Irish Roads.
Did you know there's more to SABRE than just the Forums?
Add your roads knowledge to the SABRE Wiki today!
Have you browsed SABRE Maps recently? Try getting involved!